Skip to content
Call us today! +44.141-237-3878

One of the most common questions we are asked by a new company director is: what do I have to do now?

The answer is very simple: mind your own business.

Your priority is to get your business up and running and to be successful. We will help you with meeting all of your statutory obligations as a company director.

Nicolson Accountancy provide a full Company Secretarial service to our clients.


Annual filing

There are two filings that require to be placed on the public record at Companies House.

On the anniversary of incorporation each company must lodge a Confirmation Statement which lists the directors and any changes in shareholders since the last statement.

Within nine months of the end of the accounting year, the company needs to file accounts. This is essentially just a balance sheet and the notes to the accounts, and this is used by credit agencies to rates your company.

Other documents

Each and every company director is obliged to notify Companies House of any changes to the Registered Office, their home address (which doesn't need to appear on the public record) and their service (correspondence) address for official documents.

In addition, you have to notify such items such as:

  • Changes in share capital
  • Any security granted for loans etc
  • Details of anyone who holds more than 25% of the shares

If you need advice on this, please contact us directly.

Advice from Companies House

Scroll To Top